Friday, October 22, 2010

Behind The Lens!

For quite some time now I have listened to my mother (the writer) rant and rave about the fact that I am not a blogger....well, here I am mom, blogging!
As far back as I can remember I have been blessed (or cursed, depending on the day) with the mentality that I could do or be anything that I wanted. Believe me, this has many a time gotten me in more hot water than I would have cared to be in. Fortunately, the older I have gotten the better that mentality has become for me. I have a very strong drive to better myself in all areas of life, especially photography!
So who is Maggie Flynn:
I am a mother.
I have two beautiful little girls who are the highlight of my life! Kelsey, who is five years old, is currently sitting in the front yard selling pencils for a dollar a piece. She is saving up $400,000 to buy the home across from ours complete with food and furniture so she can move out. Yes...she is five that was not a typo! Annie is three years old (four in Febuware if you ask her), has to be one of the funniest children on the face of the earth! Annie has a personality that could outshine the brightest star, and I am fairly confident that whatever she does in life...everyone in the world will know about!
I am a photographer.
Some people are blessed with a very vivid memory, mine however, is very selective! So to me, there are three things that above all else are the most important. Music, scents, and photographs. I can't remember what the name of my grandmother's perfume is, but every now and again I pass by someone wearing that same scent and immediately I can remember everything about her. I can't remember everything about high school, but let me hear an old song and I can tell you what I was doing every time it played on the radio. I may not remember something that we did together, but if you show me a photograph, it's like seeing a home video in my mind.
That is what photography is to me. It isn't about having your child sit on a stool and saying cheese, it isn't about standing static with your husband after you've said your vows and taking a picture...it's about freezing a moment exactly as it unfolds without direction or positioning, it's about life and all the things in it, making a memory that you will cherish for the rest of your life, it's about you and everyone that is around you looking back and saying I remember that day. 
Behind the lens I have written many stories, I have captured so many emotions. From weddings, to pregnancies, to holding your first born, to birthdays, to holidays, and all of the in betweens, to be able to go on this journey with my clients is the greatest honor I know.  
I am a lover of all things life.
While my world is far from Utopia, it is close enough to perfect for me!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, love your story! You are very good at this. I love the insite to you as a person, although I was fortunate enough to get to know you for a short time. You are a wonderful lady and I am so proud and happy for you!!!! Keep up the great attitude and work!! Your friend, Kweta

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made your mom and one of her dear friends....VERY HAPPY!!! We celebrate the accomplishments of our all our children. I love this "kaleidoscope" you have become!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud to say that you are my friend. You have always had so much to say and the gift to make it attention getting. Just reading your words seems to spin a reel in my mind... I wish you the best as you begin this process old friend...keep on smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved reading this mag. you are very talented and i'm glad you were able to use your talents to do something you really enjoy and to give the lucky people whose memories you capture something they will cherish for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete